Monday, February 2, 2009

Short trip to Olympia

My cousins Mia and Ashley. Mia has Mallory, Ashly has Layla
Nana and Muriel. I think Muriel has Layla

Here's Katy, Mia and I with our youngest.
This last weekend Katy and I took the babies and went to Olympia for Toni's funeral. Avery got to stay home with Daddy. We had a nice time. The funeral was really nice. We got to see a lot of people that we hadn't seen in a long time! Toni was my Nana's niece. We loved her so much! She was such a great lady. I wish I had a picture of her to put up on here. She was just one of those people who never gave in to her illnesses. She just kept pushing on. I'm so glad I got to have her in my life for the period of time I did. Although we only got over to see her a few times, she definitely made an impact on my life. I'd love to believe that when life throws obstacles in my way that I would be able to handle them the way she did :). Love you Toni! And can't wait to see ya again.



4 comments:

Katy said...

That was a quick trip, but it was fun! I wish we could have stayed a few more days! I'm glad you went with me! :)

Ali said...

Glad you guys got there and back safely, and that you got to see some family. Those twins are growing and growing!

The Jernigan Family said...

Despite the circumstaces, it was fun to see you guys and all the family. Cute pictures! The speach you gave was very nice, you did a great job, and I don't think anyone saw the snot rocket...lol...my turn to come over there! Love you lots!

Emma said...

I hope not lol. It wasn't super obvious, i'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed.