Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday Cakes and Big Girl Beds!!

I can't believe my baby is 2!!! Avery turned two years old yesterday. We had a big birthday party on the 14th with Joey and Coleslaw, but we decided to have a little party at home on her actual birthday. I made a little cake, and we got her a big girl bed (btw Andrea, thank you so much for the princess stuff!! she loves it). She was so excited when we went to pick it out. And of course the first thing she wanted to do was jump on it. Tonight is her first night sleeping on it, and surprisingly, she fell asleep about ten minutes after I shut the lights out!!! I was shocked. I knew she'd like it, but I figured she'd try to get out. We'll see how tomorrow at nap time goes. Happy Birthday girly!!! I love you more then you know :)











7 comments:

Katy said...

Oh Avery, you are getting so big! I love you sweetie! What a big girl you are sleeping in a big girl bed! Em, that cake is gorgeous! Good job! Love you guys!

the waud's said...

Happy Birthday Avery !!! What a big girl you are. I remember Hannah's second birthday she was excited for her princess bed too:). Did you make that beautiful cake Em? Have a great weekend talk to you soon.

the waud's said...

Happy Birthday Avery !!! What a big girl you are. I remember Hannah's second birthday she was excited for her princess bed too:). Did you make that beautiful cake Em? Have a great weekend talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Mimi loves your new bed. Can I come and have a sleep over?

Heidi said...

You have such a beautiful big girl bed Avery. Beautiful bed for a beautifl girl! Happy Birthday sweet Avery.

The Jernigan Family said...

She is getting so big I can't believe it. What a beautiful big girl bed, and she already had hosted her first slumber party! I love it! We had so much fun with you guys this weekend! Love you guys!

Ali said...

I love the picture of Avery staring in awe at her birthday candles. She is so sweet, Em. What a big girl she's getting to be!