Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Grocery Game


I've had a lot of people ask me lately about my crazy coupon clipping, so I'm going to do a little advertising for a favorite web site of mine. A few months ago, I started something called the grocery game. You can go to www.thegrocerygame.com to check it out for yourself. What it does is combine valid coupons with current sales in certain stores. It focuses mainly on stockpiling while prices are at their lowest. I use the Safeway list because it's really the only decent grocery store around and I save money on gas there. To prove that this really does work, I put a couple of pictures on my blog.

The top left picture is a picture of my coupon binder. Way easier to organize with a binder then with a little coupon purse. If you're going to do this I recommend getting a binder that is at least 1.5" thick, you'll be surprised how many coupons you will accumulate in a short period of time just from the Sunday paper. I went and bought some plastic photo album pages and put them inside the binder. Each one has three slots and the album pages are really inexpensive. You can fit quite a few coupons in each slot.

The top right picture is one of my coupon pages. As you can see I put my coupons in by categories, I have 43 categories in my coupon book. It makes finding my coupons each week, or while I'm in the store, a lot less difficult. Some people will put them in order of expiration date also, I don't have the motivation to do that every week!

Bottom left picture is just showing the thickness of the binder. This is why I'm saying to get a 1.5" binder. You WILL fill it up, I promise. I get my coupons mainly from the Sunday paper, but I also get some from online sources, and just from other random places. You'll find once you start looking for coupons you'll find them everywhere.

The bottom right photograph is my proof that this is worth it. It costs me 10.00 every 8 weeks to get my Safeway list. You can add more grocery stores, but it will cost you 5 dollars for each additional store. They do have a trial period of one month for a dollar if you want to try it. Anyway, the proof is in the pudding right? My picture on the bottom right is my receipt from my last shopping trip. It's a little fuzzy so I will tell you what it says: Club Card Savings $63.60, Coupon Savings $24.38, total savings 63% $87.98.... I only paid 53.80 for groceries that day. Almost $25 of that savings was just from coupons!!

I convinced my sister to try it, and her last grocery trip she saved an extreme amount of money. I'm telling you, this will change the way you shop!!! You've got to try it. If you do decide to sign up, would you please say that I recommended you and put my email address? I can get a free 8 weeks if 3 people sign up under my name. Either way I'm going to continue doing it. I'm saving way way way more then I'm putting into it. Hope I've convinced others to save money too!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for taking the time to share that Em. I tried a similar thing called coupon sense for awhile. I gave up on it but I know it works. I may have to look into the Groc Game after I get moved!

Katy said...

I just started and love it too! So far anyway? The only thing I am having trouble with is I have a whole lot of cookies and Quaker snacks out in my garage and not a whole lot else. LOL
Hopefully this week there will be more!

Jeff Haynes said...

Hey girl thanks for the tip!!! I think we will try it out!!

Hope you are having a great week.

The Jernigan Family said...

I will try it out...gotta save the $$ that my husband likes to spend :o) Love ya