Monday, September 15, 2008

Is that what I think it is??

Two heads???!!!
Yup! Chad and I are having twins. I know, I'm still a little shocked myself. We're super excited, still trying to get used to the idea, but we are really excited. Please keep us in your prayers that the babies stay strong and healthy. They look really good right now!! There is always a small possibility with twins that I could go into premature labor, and that I may have to go on bed rest, which is not at all what I want! But as long as those kids are healthy we'll all be happy. We still aren't going to find out the sex of the baby, oops.. babies! So now we have to come up with two girl names and two boy names. And although my due date is going to stay at January 24th, I will definitely not make it there. Dr. tells us that most women pregnant with twins will go into labor on their own at 36-37 weeks, and that he won't let me go past 38 weeks. So it looks like we're going to end up with a couple early January or even late December babies. Here are some face pictures of the two kiddos.

Baby B

Baby A

So, there ya go. I can't believe it myself. It's amazing. After getting over the initial shock of it all, all I could do was just thank God for giving us two more blessings. What a great gift!

12 comments:

Blog Administrator, Karen L. Brahs said...

Boy, Em! It's going to get crowded in there! It is a blessing, indeed! Can't wait! Love you guys, Aunt Karen

Colleen said...

HOLY COW! HOLY COW! HOLY COW!!!!!
That's just crazy, I can't believe it! Congrats Em and Chad and little Ms. Avery!! Two babies for her to boss around...eventually!! All I have for "stuff" is all yours. Can't wait to see what your gonna have. Girls? Boys? One of each!! How very exciting!

Becky Avella said...

Wow is right. I'm in shock, but so excited for you. Congratulations times two! Love you, Em!

Are they fraternal twins?

Emma said...

Dr. Harrington said there's no real way to tell whether they are fraternal or identical yet. It looks like they both have their own seperate sack and placenta, but both identical and fraternal twins can have seperate sacks/placentas. He said that after they are born there are tests that they can do to see, so I guess we'll find out later! If we have one girl and one boy, we'll know they are fraternal (obviously), but if they are both girls/boys, then who knows.

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

I'm so excited! Wowweeewowwow! Gracie wants me to have three now, I think she is a little jealous that you will have two babies at your house! :)
I didn't know you were that anxious to catch up to the rest of us! : )
Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you Emily. The pictures are precious! Aunt Sally

Ali said...

OH MY GOSH!! Katy called me yesterday afternoon to tell me and I about fell off my chair! But I am so very happy for you Em!

I'll be praying for two healthy babies and that you won't have to go on bedrest or anything like that. We are totally having a shower for you!

Ali said...

Wait - is this just a ploy to get a lot of comments? Maybe I should put some ultrasound pics up on my blog...Ha!

Jeff Haynes said...

OH my goodness!!!!!! That is crazy exciting!!! You guys will need lots of prayers!!! I am way happy for you though. WOW!!!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Is this family EVER going to slow down the baby factory????? LOL.
I for one can't wait to hold those two babies. I'm hoping for 2 identical boys for ya. Hey everybody out there, Let's talk about Emily Ok. LOL

Love ya girl,

Mama Mimi

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

WOW! Congratulations Emily!!! What a blessing! Keep us all updated :)